– Call (314) 456-4567 for a free, immediate consultation
Forgery, R.S.Mo. 570.090.2, is a crime of deception involving altering documentation in an attempt to defraud a person or company. This is a Class C felony and requires the help of a St. Louis criminal defense attorney right away.
This crime can take on many forms and can occur when a person:
- Makes, completes, alters or authenticates any writing so that it purports to have been made by another or at another time or place or in a numbered sequence other than was in fact the case or with different terms or by authority of one who did not give such authority; or
- Erases, obliterates or destroys any writing; or
- Makes or alters anything other than a writing, including receipts and universal product codes, so that it purports to have a genuineness, antiquity, rarity, ownership or authorship which it does not possess; or
- Uses as genuine, or possesses for the purpose of using as genuine, or transfers with the knowledge or belief that it will be used as genuine, any writing or other thing including receipts and universal product codes, which the actor knows has been made or altered in the manner described in this section.
St. Louis criminal defense attorney Richard R. Lozano has been handling serious felony cases since 1994. He puts this experience to work for you, aggressively fighting any and all criminal charges you may face. He has helped clients in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, and Franklin County facing serious felony charges and has worked to get them the best possible outcomes for their respective cases.
For a free consultation regarding your forgery charge or for any felony charges you may be facing, contact St. Louis criminal defense attorney Richard R. Lozano today at (314)-456-4567.